Kansas State University is currently accepting applications for the 2023 International Student Scholarships. There are several scholarships available for the fall semester of 2023.
Do you have an interest in pursuing your studies in the US on a fully funded scholarship? If so, this is the appropriate article for you as it contains all the information you need to get started with the application process. Keep reading. The scholarship is open to both graduate and undergraduate international students, and it will cover tuition and fees for the fall semester of 2023. Keep reading to find out more.
International students, both at the graduate and undergraduate levels, are welcome to apply for the scholarship. The funding provided will cover tuition and fees for the fall semester of 2023
About Kansas State University
In 1863, Manhattan saw the establishment of Kansas State, a land-grant college that would later become the inaugural public institution of higher education in the state. Its name was officially changed to Kansas State University in 1959.
Situated in Manhattan, Kansas, Kansas State University is a public research university with a main campus. Comprising nine colleges, the university has an enrollment of 24,766 students and offers 65 master’s degree programs and 45 doctoral degrees. Established in 1863 as a land-grant institution under the Morrill
Act, it ranks as the third-oldest school in the Big 12 Conference.
At Kansas State University, the Kansas Beta chapter of the Phi Beta Kappa honour society can be found. Additionally, the university houses 65 academic departments across nine colleges. These include Agriculture, Architecture, Planning and Design, Arts and Sciences, Business Administration, Education, Engineering, Health and Human Sciences, Technology and Aviation, and Veterinary Medicine.
For students and the public, the Kansas State University Gardens and Konza Prairie serve as educational resources and learning laboratories. Furthermore, the university operates 18,000 acres in cities across the state, which function as Agricultural Experiment Stations.
Kansas State University boasts research facilities such as the James R. Macdonald Laboratory. This laboratory conducts research in atomic, molecular, and optical physics, as well as the NASA Center for Gravitational Studies in Cellular and Developmental Biology.
With three campuses and a wide range of global online courses, Kansas State University (K-State) provides over 250 undergraduate majors and programs. K-State holds the distinction of being the first operational land-grant university in the nation. K-State consistently secures a spot in the top 10 rankings of numerous prominent Princeton Review listings.
In addition, we take pride in having many national scholars in a public university, and our specialists are frequently summoned to tackle global challenges.
Why should you study at Kansas State University?
- Quality Education: K-State is known for providing a high-quality education that prepares students for successful careers. The university offers more than 250 undergraduate majors and programs, as well as over 150 graduate programs. K-State has also been ranked as a top public university by U.S. News & World Report.
- Research Opportunities: K-State is a research-intensive university that offers a wide range of research opportunities for undergraduate and graduate students. Students have the chance to work alongside faculty members who are experts in their fields and engage in research projects that make a difference in the world.
- Career Services: K-State has a dedicated career centre that helps students explore career options, develop job-search strategies, and connect with potential employers. The career centre also provides workshops and events to help students build their professional skills.
- Student Life: K-State has a vibrant campus community with over 500 student organizations. The university also offers a variety of recreational and fitness facilities, including a state-of-the-art recreation centre.
- Diversity and Inclusion: K-State is committed to fostering a diverse and inclusive community. The university offers a variety of resources and programs to support students from diverse backgrounds, including international students.
- Location: K-State is located in Manhattan, Kansas, a small college town with a low cost of living. Manhattan offers a variety of cultural and recreational opportunities, including museums, theatres, and parks.
Overall, K-State offers a well-rounded educational experience with a focus on academic excellence, research, career development, and student life.
Scholarship Details: Kansas State University
- Name of university: Kansas State University
- Department: All Department
- Program: Graduate and Undergraduate
- Type of Scholarship: Tuition fees differ
- Mode of application: Online
- Eligible countries: All International Student
- Number of awards: Numerous
- Country of award: USA
- Deadline for submission: 8th March 2023
Kansas State University Scholarship Eligibility Criteria
- The scholarship is open to all nationalities. Graduate and undergraduate students in any field of study offered by the university are eligible to apply.
To be considered, applicants must meet the following criteria:
- Be properly enrolled as graduate or undergraduate students at Kansas State University.
- Have not been awarded this scholarship in the previous academic year.
- Hold a current I-20 or DS-2019 issued by K-State.
- Have been enrolled at K-State for the fall 2022 semester or earlier.
- Intend to continue their studies at K-State for the fall 2023 semester.
Kansas Scholarship Application Requirement
- To be considered for all available scholarships, applicants must fill out the online application form via Qualtrics. Simply click on the link provided to access the form.
- Admission criteria and application instructions for international students can be found on the website of International Student and Scholar Services. Complete admission requirements can be accessed by applicants.
- While English proficiency is not mandatory for admission to Kansas State University, students must demonstrate their English proficiency to pursue academic studies. Students can submit official documentation of their English proficiency to fulfil this requirement.
Required documents for a scholarship at Kansas State University
- As part of the application process, applicants must provide a recommendation letter from a K-State faculty or staff member. This letter should not exceed 500 words and must address specific questions, including the length of time and nature of the relationship between the writer and the student.
- It must also address the student’s involvement in the campus community, their outstanding qualities in comparison to peers, and why they deserve the scholarship.
- Additionally, the writer should demonstrate an understanding of how the scholarship will assist the student financially.
- Please note that applications without a recommendation letter will not be considered for the scholarship.
- Furthermore, to enrol, applicants must submit their high school (secondary school) transcripts, a copy of their passport, and qualifying English test scores or transcripts.
Benefits of applying for a scholarship at Kansas State University
- Kansas State University will provide several scholarships of varying amounts, which will be applied towards tuition and fees for the fall 2023 semester. However, the number of scholarships awarded and the amount awarded will be dependent on the availability of funds.
- The scholarships that will be provided include ;
- OIP Scholarship for International Students
- International Student Center Scholarship
- K-State Alumni Association International Student Scholarship
- William L. Richter International Scholarship
- Joe Tiao International Student Scholarship
- Philip & Jeune Kirmser International Student Scholarship
- Do Sup Chung International Student Scholarship
- M&H Taiwan International Student Scholarship
- Costa Rican Student Scholarship.
To get more information about the scholarship opportunity, kindly visit the Kansas State University official website to get the latest updates.
Other Scholarship Opportunities: