The University of British Columbia is offering an international scholars program that is set to assist undergraduate students from all over the world to achieve their academic dreams. This is both a fully funded and partially funded scholarship.
To get more detailed information about this offer please kindly read this blog post to the end to get all the necessary information you will be needing concerning this scholarship award.
Language Requirement: Not required
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 50
Eligible Region/Countries: All countries, including war-torn areas
Medium of Instruction: English
Opportunity ID: 62343
Funding Type: Fully Funded, Partially Funded
International students are currently welcome to apply to the University of British Columbia (UBC) International Scholars program. The International Scholars Program at UBC offers 50 scholarships annually across all four categories, according to the merit and financial need of the applicants.
An applicant’s eligibility for one of the awards becomes automatically determined by the UBC team when they submit an application.
PLEASE NOTE that applying for the International Scholars Program is nomination-based, and a school of students or a non-profit organization can nominate an applicant. Applicants need to submit a reference from an academic referee.
The UBC’s International Scholars Program awards include the followings:
- Karen McKellin International Leader of Tomorrow Award: This award is for international students at the undergraduate level with outstanding academic achievements, exceptional leadership skills, and engagement in community and student affairs services.
- Donald A. Wehrung International Student Award: This award recognizes international students with outstanding academic achievements under challenging circumstances from war-torn or impoverished areas.
- International Impact Award: International students with commitment and solutions for social justice issues, equity and inclusion, societal health and wellness, climate change, and freedom of expression can apply for this award.
- Vantage One Excellence Award: This is the UBC Vantage College award for international students with outstanding academic achievements who do not yet meet the English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC. This award will cover the full academic costs of students and living expenses.
Details OF The International Scholars Program
Application Deadline: N/A
UBC Admission Deadline: N/A
Application Status: Open
Organization: University of British Colombia
Funding Type: Partially and fully-funded
Number of Positions: 50
Eligible Countries: All countries, including war-torn areas
Program Duration: N/A
Language Required: English
Fields: Several fields of study
Benefits of The International Scholars Program
UBC’s International Scholars offers the chance to:
- Gain a globally recognized degree at a top university
- Be fellow with the brightest students in the world
- Benefit from unique inside and outside classroom learning opportunities
- Get support from a team of dedicated International Scholars Program advisors throughout the degree program
Eligibility Requirements for the International Scholars Program
There are some particular eligibility criteria for this program as follows. Applicants must:
- Be an international student who will study in Canada with a Canadian study permit
- Enter UBC from a recognized secondary school or transfer from their first year at a post-secondary college or another university
- Have graduated from a high school no earlier than one year
- Apply for their first undergraduate degree program
- Demonstrate superior academic achievement
- Demonstrate a level of financial need; otherwise, they are not considered for a UBC degree
- Fulfil UBC’s admission requirements, such as general and degree-specific requirements and the English Language Admission Standard.
UBC team will consider an applicant for the Vantage One Excellence Award if an applicant:
- Meets all previous eligibility criteria
- Does not yet meet UBC’s English Language Admission Standard for direct admission to UBC
- Fulfills the UBC Vantage College admission requirements
- Recently graduated from a high school
- Starts their undergraduate studies at UBC in the UBC Vantage One Program.
International applicants who apply for UBC International Scholars Program should follow the below steps:
- Review the application page for the program
- Select an academic program and campus
- A high school or a non-profit organization should nominate the applicant
- Gather all required financial information, as well as notes on any extracurricular activities and awards
- Submit their application form for International Scholars Program before the deadline
- Submit their submissions application to UBC before the deadline
How to Apply
To apply for UBC’s International Scholars Program, all applicants must fill out an online application form by pressing the Apply Now button and following the instructions.
Read more details about the program on the website. In case of inquiries, please contact the UBC team here.
Find More Scholarships:
- European Space Agency African Research Fellowship (ARF) Program in France
- International Students Eiffel Excellence Scholarship
- TUM Asia-DAAD Scholarships in Singapore