here is an opportunity to further your education at a renowned University in London without a penny. The London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine is offering a fully funded Scholarship to any candidate interested in schooling in London.
More information about this opportunity is in this blog post
Language Requirement: IELTS, PTE Academic, Other
Gender: Male, Female
Number of Opportunity: 2
Eligible Region/Countries: Low to Middle-Income Countries
Medium of Instruction: English
Field of study: Medical
Opportunity ID: 65847
Funding Type: Fully Funded
Duration 1 Year
London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM) accepts applications from the next generation of global health leaders. The LSHTM Fund donors and hundreds of alums and friends supported these fully-funded scholarships for the academic year 2023/24.
Two scholarships are available to support excellent candidates who need financial support to further their studies, for the current year. Candidates interested to apply for a one-year, full-time, London-based MSc program at the LSHTM are eligible to apply.
Details about the Fully Funded Scholarship
Application Deadline: 1 March 2023 (9:29 pm AFT)
Result Announcement: 26 May 2023
Host Organization: London School of Hygiene and Tropical Medicine (LSHTM)
Location: United Kingdom
Funding Type: Fully-funded
Number of Positions: 2
Degree Level: Master
Eligible Countries: Low to Middle-Income Countries
Program Duration: 1-Year
Language Required: English
Successful applicants can benefit from the LSHTM Fund Scholarships for the academic year 2023-24 as follows:
- Tuition fees at the overseas fee rate;
- Any mandatory field trip fees;
- A tax-free GBP 19,500 stipend (living allowance).
Eligibility Criteria for the fully funded scholarship
All applicants should meet the following eligibility criteria to apply successfully for these Scholarships:
- Have nationality and residency of low to middle-income countries defined by the World Bank;
- Agree to return to a low to ‘the middle-income’ country upon completion of their MSc year at LSHTM;
- Prove in writing that they are not able to pay for the proposed program of study;
- Meet LSHTM’s minimum English language requirements (IELTS Academic or Pearson PTE Academic);
- Hold a first or upper-second-class undergraduate honors degree from a UK institution or an equivalent standard from overseas;
- Hold an admission offer for one of LSHTM’s 19 London-based intensive Master of Science (MSc.) study programs for the academic year 2023-24;
- Should agree to the Scholarships’ terms and conditions.
The selection panel of the Scholarships will evaluate and select the applications against the following criteria:
- Applicants’ experience;
- Qualifications and potential;
- Potential to accelerate in their career;
- Make significant contributions to global and public health or health-related research in a low- to middle-income country.
Candidates must prepare and submit the following documents as per instructions:
For Admission Application:
- Admission form
- Applicant’s full contact details
- Qualification details
- Employment details of the candidate
- Photo page copy of passport or EU National ID card
- Referees’ details (full names and email addresses)
- Personal statement (one for each course applied for, maximum 500 words per statement)
- Academic transcripts
- Degree certificates or relevant professional qualifications
- Evidence of English language ability (if applicable)
For Scholarship Application:
How to Apply?
Qualified applicants who wish to benefit from the funding should apply in two steps by following the instructions:
- Submit an Admission Application for an eligible MSc study program 2023-24 by following the guides under the ”How to Apply” section on the relevant study program page. Applicants should prepare and provide all necessary supporting admissions documents, including references, by the scholarship deadline. Please remember to submit all additional supporting documents, including references, CV, passport, transcripts, etc.
- Submit an online Scholarships Application Form by selecting ”2023-24 LSHTM Fund Scholarship’‘ from the drop-down menu. In this step, all applicants should only submit a completed Supplementary Questions Form as part of this application.
Check More Opportunities:
- University of Winnipeg President’s International Students Scholarship
- 2023-24 the University of Detroit Mercy Scholarships for International Students
- Jean-Claude Juncker Master’s Degree Scholarship
LONDON SCHOOL OF HYGIENE AND TROPICAL MEDICINE
If you know anyone who is in need or someone who would be perfect for this opportunity, please don’t hesitate to share.