The University of Brunei Darussalam invites all International Students from all over the World to apply for the University of Brunei Darussalam Scholarship. This is a Fully Funded Scholarship for anyone who wants to pursue a Master’s Degree or PhD Degree.
You can click here for more.
Medium of Instruction
Field of study
Opportunity Description for the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The Brunei Darussalam Ministry of Foreign Affairs is open for applications for government scholarships under the scholarship award scheme for the academic year 2023–2024.
Interested candidates may pursue a diploma, an undergraduate degree, or a postgraduate master’s degree using the scholarship grant, which is valid in Brunei Darussalam.
Offered by: Ministry of Foreign Affairs Brunei Darussalam
Level of study: Diploma, Bachelor’s, and Master’s degree
Application Deadline: February 15, 2023
Academic Year Start Date: July or August 2023
Eligible Nations: International
Benefits of the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
The following are the benefits that will be provided to the scholarship recipient
- Tuition expenses, such as admission, examination, registration, and orientation fees, are waived for the duration of the program.
- Tickets for a round-trip flight in economy.
- A BND 500 per month personal allowance
- A BND 150 weekly meal allowance
- A BND$600 book allowance per year
- Housing at the Polytechnic Institute’s residential college.
- Baggage allowance, up to a maximum of BND$250 to a destination inside the ASEAN nations; BND$500 to a country outside the ASEAN countries, for the transportation of the scholarship recipient’s personal belongings to their home country when the program is finished; for the length of the Scholarship, insurance.
Eligibility Criteria of the Brunei Darussalam Scholarship
- For Bachelor’s and Diploma programs, applicants must be between the ages of 18 and 25.
- For Postgraduate Master’s Degree programs, applicants must be under the age of 35 on July 31, 2023.
- Permanent residents of Brunei Darussalam are not eligible for the award.
- Possess a Credit 6 in English at the GCE “O” Level, a Grade “C” in English (as a Second Language) at the IGCSE, an IELTS score of 6.0, or a TOEFL minimum score of 550.
Terms and Conditions
- You will get full insurance coverage for the whole scholarship length. Before their trip to Brunei Darussalam and throughout the scholarship time, scholarship winners are strongly encouraged to get supplemental insurance on their own own.
- This scholarship shall not be held concurrently with another scholarship, fellowship, grant, or loan without the Ministry of Foreign Affairs’Affairs permission. The scholarship may be promptly withdrawn or revoked if it is discovered that the beneficiary is holding another scholarship, fellowship, grant, or loan without the Ministry’s prior written consent.
- Family members are not allowed to accompany the scholarship recipient.The scholarship recipient is not allowed to bring any family members.
- The scholarship recipient will not be paid a marriage or child allowance, and no accommodation will be provided for any accompanying spouse, child, or children.
- During the Scholarship duration, a scholarship recipient is not permitted to work or serve on the staff of any country’s representative goal in Brunei Darussalam.
Points to be considered by applicants
- Respect all the guidelines and requirements that apply to this scholarship.
- Observe the guidelines set forth by his institution or polytechnic.
- Be respectful of the traditions, culture, and religion of Brunei Darussalam.
- Observe all rules and legislation that apply in Brunei Darussalam.
- Electoral politics should be avoided.
- You must go through a health check in Brunei Darussalam if the Ministry of Foreign Affairs determines it is required.
- Upon program completion, the scholarship winner must return to their place of origin.
Required Documents for Brunei Darussalam Scholarship:
- Filled Application Form
- Security clearance statement
- A current passport-size picture
- .True copies of academic credentials and other supporting documentation that have been certified (i.e., certificates, testimonials, transcripts).
- For supporting papers, not in English, certified English translations must be presented.
- Birth certificate and passport certified as authentic copies.
- Referee references and recommendations. (C1 & C2 Form)
Note that all application forms and required documents must be submitted in the following formats: Word Document, PDF, or JPG (compressed (.zip) folder), and the maximum size for email and attachment files is 10MB.
How to Apply?
To apply, click the apply now button below.
Visit the official website of the Brunei Darussalam Government Scholarship for more information.
Brunei Darussalam University (UBD)
If you know anyone who is in needs of this opportunity, don’t hesitate to share.